31 July 2008

Wall Lake/Bennett Pass- July 17, 2008





A beautiful day and a large group-finally we are able to do the scheduled hike. Some where intent on going up Bennett Pass.


I love being up there but even the spirit, never mind the body, was not willing to go today.

The "saner" group elected to just go to Wall Lake

As we neared the Lake the beargrass was in full bloom.









Beautiful Wall Lake





Lunch time

Instead of a meadow of flowers at the end of the Lake like we usually saw, we were walking on snow & ice covered with gravel, rocks and small trees. Big chunks of ice were breaking off into the water




Due to a time restraint, snow and downed trees on the trail, only 2 of the group made it to Bennett Pass. Some thought that climbing Old Chief was easier. Inspite of that it was another great day of hiking.
ps. The posts never come out quite like I set them up. If anyone knows what I need to do, please let me know

No comments: