16 April 2010

Iceberg Lake hike- 23 July 2009






Nicole is ready to hit the trail.
















A beautiful day for a hike.











I love this sawtooth ridge; I've taken multiple pictures of it over the years.












It was a hot day; when we hit the creek it felt like an oasis in the desert. It's a lovely place to pause for a rest if the flies aren't biting! Just be careful the gophers don't carry away your lunch.





Ruth in a familiar pose






The flowers were abundant and gorgeous! I think these are Connie's "Pink Pussytoes" or Spirea.









Who can resist taking pictures of Bear Grass?













More Bear Grass - isn't it lovely?






















Indian Paintbrush





As you can see, this was the "Year of the Bear Grass."













This "Field of Dreams" greeted us as we approached Iceberg Lake.













All right - who can name this mushroom? - or is it a puffball?











Iceberg Lake in all it's glory.













Our hikers "strike a pose." And can you believe some of the "crazies" even went swimming out to one of the ice floes?! They didn't linger long in the water.











One last picture before we head home.














Sorry, folks! I just couldn't resist one last flower picture, this one of columbines.

No comments: