The waves on St.Mary's lake were much higher then it looks. Inspite of the wind, the mountains were calling and we had to go. Too stormy and windy at the top of the Pass for the Garden Wall so we settled on Virginia Falls. Because the trail from Sunpoint would be really windy we started from the St. Mary's Falls traihead. It was quite calm and lovely hiking through the woods.
Does it look a little cool at St. Mary's Falls? The brave hikers are Bob, Francis, Ruth Marilyn, Faye, Elva, Karen, LaVern, Pam, Colleen, Betty and Dot
The difference in St. Mary's Falls Aug and June Pam and Ruth
It is so fun to go in Aug. It allows us to get up close to the falls without getting wet.
The fruits of summer.
After having lunch we walked further along the trail going towards the Red Eagle Lake Trail. It's not used much and in places the shrubbery was so high Elva couldn't be seen. All in all it was another great day of hiking with our friends.
24 October 2008
Virginia Falls- 27 aug 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Faye
I'm currently (self imposed) housebound as i had Norwalk. I've just enjoyed scrolling thro' the blogs - the pics are fantastic. Hiwever I think the Vir. Falls group must be the one from the spring as I don't recognize myself or Elva there and the water is very full. Hope you don't get Norwalk - it seems to be rampant in Cardston.
Betty
Post a Comment