Inspite of the weather, another hiking season has begun. It's been a challenge to find a trail without snow or lots of water. The May 22nd hike was cancelled due to rain. On May 29 we went to Blakeston Falls and then because the road to the Crandell Lake Trailhead was closed, we went to Bertha Falls. Both of the Falls were really roaring.
Bertha Falls
June 5th we went to Crandell Lake from Crandell campground.
Saw orchids, Glacier Lilies & Crocuses.
This view is looking up at the Glacier Lily
The group went out to the Cameron Lake road while the drivers went back, drove around and picked them up. Then it was on to Cameron Lake. Lots of snow still there.
3 comments:
Faye, great start to your hiking
blog. Great pictures too.
Grandma, it looks great!! I am excited to see pictures from your summer of hiking. I wish there were more mountains in Wisconsin :) I will have to live vicariously through you!
Hi Faye and all you lucky hikers!
My surgery went well, so now it's just a case of following doctors orders for the summer. I'll be envying you all every Thursday. I'm not sure if seeing these great pictures makes it better or worse!
Take lots of great photos and have a great time on the trail.
Love to all from Gerry
Post a Comment